There are not many people in this world that dislike a nice cup of frothy espresso coffee. The refreshing Aroma and the creamy layer on top attract the attention of even non coffee drinkers, enticing them to have a sip. The credit for all the popularity of espresso coffee should actually go to Espresso machines. It is these machines that actually mixes the different ingredients and applies the required pressure to produce that tasty espresso coffee. One can find these espresso machines in gas stations, Laundromats, grocery stores, book stores, movie theaters and other such public gathering places. It’s not only the commercial espresso machines that have achieved significant growth, but also the domestic espresso machines that have seen a huge rise in demand.
How Does the Espresso process work?
In order to understand the working principle, one should have a good understanding of the different components that make up the espresso machine.
The major components in an espresso machine include
2. Heating chamber (Boiler or Electrical Heating Element)
3. Steam Wand
Porta-Filter or the portable filter is the component in to which the users would put in their espresso grounds. The espresso ground coffee is put in a basket and then placed inside the filter body. The filter comes with a spring that holds the basket in its place. A spout is attached to the lower end of the filter. After the entire filter is filled with coffee grounds, it is attached to a group head.
Water enters the boiler from a water storage container. Boiler contains the required steam and hot water to heat the incoming cold water. The cold water actually enters a cylinder in the boiler. This cylinder is surrounded by hot water and steam. The heated water then enters the group head attached to a filter. Usually a pump is used to force the water from the boiler cylinder to the group head. In some machines, electrical heating element is used instead of a boiler for heating the incoming water.
Steam wands come in the form of a lever or a knob and are usually used to froth the milk content in the coffee. This knob or lever can be moved in any direction.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-ECMP1000 Cafe Barista Review
- This Barista model comes with a fully electronic control panel that lets the user to choose from an available list of options including Espresso, Cappuccino or Latte
- Automatic milk frother feature allows the user to select the required milk froth levels
- The Milk reservoir provided comes in the form of a removable reservoir. After completing the espresso process, the milk left over in the reservoir can be taken out and stored in the refrigerator.
- Water Reservoir also comes in the form of a removable tank, which is easy to wash and maintain.
Wide Range of Benefits Provided by Mr. Coffee BVMC-ECMP1000 Cafe Barista
Mr Coffee has been at the fore front of designing and manufacturing espresso coffee machines and can be considered as a pioneer in this field. This Espresso model comes with some of the most modern features that cannot be found in the other models available in the market place.These features make this model a great kitchen utility item.
Provision for making a wide range of Coffeehouse drinks
The kind of coffee varieties that can be prepared using this espresso machine is limitless. One can prepare creamy cappuccinos, lattes, Espressos, Toffee Latte and Caramel Cappuccinos with this Barista espresso machine.
User Friendly Control Panel
The single touch control panel makes it easy for the users to operate this Barista Espresso machine. The indicator lights that come as part of the control panel clearly reveal the current selection options made by the user. The control panel also comes with separate buttons for frothing and cleaning.
Dynamic Froth Adjustment
The BVMC-ECMP1000 provides an ample pressure of 15 bars that is more than sufficient to make tasty and frothy Espressos. This espresso machine provides the option of adjusting the espresso levels or the froth levels in a dynamic manner. By seeing the froth getting formed, users can make use of a froth dial to increase or decrease the froth thickness levels.
Dish Washer Safe
Most of the components that come as part of this Barista model can be loaded in the top rack of the dish washer without any concerns.
Easy to Handle
The On/Off switch controls are provided on the side of the panel and the removable drip trays provided makes it easy to handle for people who are using an Espresso machine for the first time.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-ECMP1000 Cafe Barista Components Included:
1. Espresso maker
2. Porta Filter
3. Measuring Scoop
4. single shot of Espresso Filter Cup
5. Double shot of Espresso Filter Cup
6. Removable water Reservoir
- This espresso machine comes with a large tank that is easy to fill
- Easy to use portafilter to fill and re-insert into the machine. Some machines on the market can be a hassle to use.
- Presets for each function: small and large cappuccino, small and large latte, single or double espresso
- Can customize your own shots up to five ounces
- Adjustable milk frother so you can get the perfect amount of milk to your liking
- Milk tank makes frothing easy. Fill up the tank, insert and push a button!
- Does not use espresso pods so you can use whatever coffee you prefer
- Dishwasher safe parts make it easy to clean\
- The 15 bar pump produces a lot of pressure
- The portafilter can drip at times. Be sure to pay attention the first couple times you brew espresso
- Milk container must be in the “perfect” spot for the machine to start
At a $199 price point this machine is a steal for what you get. You get an automatic type machine to brew all of your favorite drinks but you also get the customization with the size of drink, amount of milk, and type of drink.
If you are looking for a great home espresso/latte/cappuccino machine this just might be the one for you.